Thread: victims of bullying

Thanks

victims of bullying

How does your school deal with this issue? Contacting the parents is probably the first thing, but what about the after effects?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ednt View Post
    How does your school deal with this issue? Contacting the parents is probably the first thing, but what about the after effects?
    It's quite unfortunate and very sad to say, but there are many schools which don't have a clue on how to deal with the issue of bullying. Personally, I was bullied from kindergarten then at high school. Those years were like a living hell for me. I remember in high school it appeared as a particular high school principal was encouraging bullying when a student whose parents were rich bullied and physically beaten up couple students while at school. It appeared as if the parents bribed the principal, and she was not suspended, although other students who were not as economically well-off, would not have gotten away with it and would have been suspended or even expelled from the school. This student even went as far as sixth form although she did not even meet the academic standards to matriculate into sixth form; and persons who deserved to be sixth form couldn't be a sixth former. This student even fought in sixth form, and no disciplinary action was used to punish her behavior. That was so unfair! I wasn't physically bullied at the school, but I was bullied emotionally and psychologically by the students. To this very day I hate this high school!

Thanks
    This is a sad situation. But what to do is contact parent of the both the bully and the bullied. The bully child parent should be counseled on how to talk to their ward or child not to act that way.
    Then from the school end, the children involved should be addressed so that such incident doesn't repeat itself. Everyone involved in my opinion should be addressed.
    With this done each child and parents will know what to do.

Thanks
    It is very difficult here in the U.S. because the courts, several decades ago, subjected ordinary classroom discipline to Constitutional standards of due process. That sounds good, but the 5,000+ student school system I served on the board of governors of routinely was defending at least five lawsuits relating to ordinary discipline. We continued as best we could, but many schools just shied away from enforcing basic standards of order and discipline to avoid the lawsuits. It should have been no surprise to anyone that the problem of bullying has grown progressively since then.

Thanks
    I am glad not to know in detail this subject because it means I have never been through it. The school must have an active part when it becomes aware of it, but I think that's very important good communication between parents and kids because these things can go on for a while before the school notices it.

Thanks
    Hello

My child was a victim of being bullied. Not a good feeling to see your child emotionally hurt and scared. The school's penalty for misbehaved students and bullying are suspension, superintendent suspension and a possibility of being expelled from school.

Thanks
    In my opinion, too much emphasis has been put on the bully, as of late. Putting the decision in the hands of the bully isn't wise. Second, the belief that if the teacher knows, they will stop the bullying, so just report it, is an erroneous one. Not only may a child get backlash for telling, but teachers do not always intervene or have the ability to protect a child from bullying. I think kids have to be taught to defend themselves, which will deter a lot of this behavior. Few will go into something knowing they will not come out unscathed, even if they win. Try to convince a 250lb man to bath a cat that doesn't want bathed. Cowards tend to pick easy targets. Parents also have to step up and look for signs that something is going on. They know their kid better than anyone else. If it's something the child can't handle, the parent has a responsibility to protect them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The fist thing we need to do is change the name ,bulling does not provoke a strong enough reaction. Terrorizing would be a good name to call this awful behavior. The perpetrator wants the victim to feel , fear ,shame ,and yes terror. This students are forced to spend their school day in worrying when the bully will strike next what awful thing will they do this time around.

We have celebrities coming out of the would work lining up to tell everyone they were bullied. It has become a hot topic trend, they have no Idea how badly the level of bulling has elevated. It seem everyone is doing a lot of talking about the problem with no solution in sight.

Thanks
    Bullying is indeed a matter that must not be neglected in schools. It's sad that some doesn't see it as a big deal. It's best to call on those parents of those kids involve to get their attention quick.

Thanks
    I was kinda lucky with my school being really calm from the 8 years I was in there I rarely saw more than 4/5 fights or someone bullying a kid, which most of the people just stop them from doing it, and most of times fights were started by outsiders from school.

I think a good environment and everyone caring about each other really assisted with this. I'm talking about a public school in Portugal.